Get back in sync during this season of transition
Have you caught your breath yet? Its has been a crazy few years and kids are FINALLY back in school and a regular schedule seems to have emerged for most of us.
I don’t know about you, but a few weeks ago, I woke up, looked in the mirror and thought - how did I get here? I had fallen away from some of my good habits and let little disruptors slip into my life. It wasn’t intentional, it just happened…. I had gained a few pounds and felt like crap!
With a new school routine established, I was hell bent on getting back to feeling like myself. But this was going to REQUIRE INTENTION.
The bad stuff is never intentional, right? But to right the ship and fall back into sync with who we want to be and how we want to feel - it MUST BE INTENTIONAL.
So, how do we get there?
1. Take some time to reflect on where you are and where you want to be. Write it down. Set a
realistic goal. Stop making excuses and pick something that is achievable. Don’t lie to
yourself…be true to where you are right now and pick something that is doable. Also, be kind
to yourself... don't beat yourself up.
2. Think about the steps you need to take to reach your goal
3. Make a plan - set your alarm 30 minutes earlier each morning. Start your morning with a bog
glass of water and some physical movement or exercise. Throw away any food in your house
that is tempting.
4. Use tools to help you get there. Start a food journal - studies show people who implement this tool lost twice as much weight! A food journal can help you identify problem areas, what makes you feel BLAH, what your habits are, and where you can make swaps for healthier options.
5. Get some support. You need a cheerleading squad and someone to help keep yourself accountable. I know when I am checking in with someone, I am much more successful. Declare your intentions, so the people around you can support what you are doing. They can’t read your mind.
STAY FOCUSED, MOVE, REST, EAT SMART
If you want more support, ideas, and interaction to help achieve your goals JOIN US for the FALL INTO WELLNESS - group coaching session starting September 13.